Military Vehicles, December 1996,: Re: 1941 GP

Re: 1941 GP

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 18:53:23 +0100

RS1S@aol.com wrote:

> I'm looking for a few pieces for my 1941 GP; Air Breather, Taillights, Top
> bows, Inner windshield frame, Gas filter, Rear seat, and Headlight buckets.
> Thanks!

Hello,

There is a guy who makes GP-parts (Ken Hake) Tipton Colorado??
he reproduces almost all the parts you are looking for. He also
does GP-restorations up to a very high level (seen some pictures,
very nice, like new). Does anybody has the full adress??? I heard
he has not got any parts at the moment because he is busy making
BRC-40 (Bantham)-parts now, but he was planning to do the GP-parts
later. I am also looking for an air-breather the fuel-filter and the
carburator. I have a GMC CCKWX-353 (SWB) a very early one with
civilian-type dash , ash-tray etc. this GMC also had lots of markings
in yellow instead of white, some units put yellow markings on the
vehicles, they also used yellow markings in North-Africa '42.
On my GP there are only blue registration numbers and nothing else.

Thanks!
Auke Dijkstra