Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: M 38 INFO

Re: M 38 INFO

Andrew R. Beebe (abeebe@megalink.net)
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 23:03:29 -0500

----------
> From: sabella@adinet.com.uy
> To: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: M 38 INFO
> Date: Wednesday, January 08, 1997 8:42 PM
>
> I OWN AN M 38 THAT WAS FIRST USED BY THE US ARMED FORCES AND AFTERWARDS
BY
> THE URUGUAYAN ARMY.THE PAPERS I HAVE SAY THAT THE JEEP WAS MANUFACTURED
IN
> 1948,BUT AFTER BEING IN THE LIST FOR SOME TIME I REALIZED THAT THIS DATE
IS
> INCORRECT.
>
> I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE CORRECT DATE, REGISTRATION NUMBER OR AN
> APROXIMATION,THE FORCE THAT WAS USED AND IF IT IS REALLY A WAR VETERAN.
>

> THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

I'll have to check to see the first year of the M38, I know they started
making CJ-2A's in 1946 because I own one, but I was thinking that the
first M38 didn't appear until 1951.

It's possible that your M38 was a war veteran, but it would have to be the
Korean war.

Andy
1944 Willys MB
http://www.megalink.net/~abeebe