Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: Dodge 1/2 Ton with Winch?

Re: Dodge 1/2 Ton with Winch?

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 22:50:31 +0100

David Prince wrote:

> I understand that there were some WWII Dodge 1/2 Tonners fitted out with
> front mounted winches. If this is the case, was a standard 1/2 Ton frame
> used with a sub-frame to mount the winch, or was the vehicle frame a
> specially built unit?
>
> In other words, could the winches be fitted to a standard vehicle?
>
> --
> Dave Prince
> davprin@gil.co.au

Hi Dave,

As far as I know the winch-frame is a special frame, it is longer then
the standard frame (just like the WC-52 frame). The WC-1 (pick-up
closed-cab 1/2ton) also has a longer frame, but no winch. All models
used the same bumper. I haven't got my Dodge books with me at the
moment, but I will give you some more information in a few days.

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra