Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: Dodge WC-41 (T-215)

Re: Dodge WC-41 (T-215)

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 21:39:06 +0100

Tony Standefer wrote:

> David Prince wrote:
> >
> > Looking for any information regarding Dodge WC-41 vehicles. If possible,
> > would like to find out what body type would have been fitted to vehicle
> > with frame # 81519300 and USA Reg.# of W-008616. Also what different
> > body types were used on WC-41. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Prince
> > davprin@gil.co.au
>
> Bart Vanderveens "Fighting Vehicles of WW2" shows a "Emergency Repair
> Body fitted to a WC-41. it's purpose was to provide moble facilities
> for emergency ordnance repair. It was also fitted with dual rear tires.
> There is another picture of it in Crismons "us military wheeled
> vehicles" It said a total of 902 of these chassis were built and some
> carried "other" types of bodies such as oil service. (which I've never
> seen). You've got my curiosity up since the WC-41 is just listed as a
> cab and chassis. Let me know what you find out, you might solve another
> MV mystery!!!
>
> Tony Standefer
> 1944 Willys

Hi Dave and Tony,

In Wheels&Tracks No.57 there is a picture of a WC-41 in Beltring ??
(I'm not sure), looks great!!. W-008616 is from contract W-398-QM-
11592 (77 built), total WC-41 production is 383 built from 3 contracts.
As far as I know they all used the same body and they had dual tyres
on the rear axle, they used T-215 engine's, that's all I know.
I have a WC-43, very original vehicle and very complete except for
the tools etc. I can't find any manuals or information about the WC-43
and I think it will be difficult to find any for the WC-41.
Good luck!!

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra