Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: M-715 CONVERSION

Re: M-715 CONVERSION

Bill J Morin (bjmorin@hcn.hcnews.com)
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 18:54:04 -0800

ETIMOTHY1@aol.com wrote:

> I am planning a Chev V-8 conversion in one of my M-715's and would like to
> install power brakes with a dual reservoir master cylinder. Anyone have any
> experience with a master cylinder/booster unit that will bolt up to the M-715
> firewall with a minimum of modifications to the firewall or pedal linkage?
> Also, I have been told by Leo at Midway Supply in Texas that any Saginaw
> power steering box from a GM passenger car will bolt into the M-715 frame
> with virtually no modification. Anyone have any experience with this
> conversion? Appreciate any tips.
>
> Erik Timothy
Erik:
I have got a lot of advise from Leo, And it was all good. He is of
course an authority on the M-715, I monder if anyone has rebuilt more.
the last I seen of him was 4 or 5 years ago, I supposed he was out of
business, Guess Ill have to go see him. You are in good hands
Bill Morin