Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: American Military Co.

Re: American Military Co.

Gale Barrows (barrowsg@rapidnet.com)
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 21:36:37 -0700 (MST)

>To: Stu Ellis <stu@bit-net.com>
>From: barrowsg@rapidnet.com (Gale Barrows)
>Subject: Re: American Military Co.
>
>>I have just ordered a M100 trailer from American Military. They were
>>very professional on the phone, and seemed to know their stuff. The
>>trailer is totally rebuilt. sand blasted and painted to the color of
>>your choice. It includes your choice of tires and color, data plate,
>>leg, spare tire, etc. They tell me 4-6 weeks for del. They are in
>>Florida, about 1200 miles away. They will del. on their own truck. I
>>paid $395 plus $150 shipping. I will let you all know if what I bought
>>is what I get. They also would be willing to cut a deal for club
>>purchases on shipping.
>>--
>>Stu - Derry, NH USA
>>

>I would much rather have a trailer that has not been repainted and
definitly one that has not been sandblasted. Repainting without first
sanfdblasting makes it difficult to dtermine old origional markings and
sandblasting makes it impossible. any tires or color not correct to
origional issue condition would also be quite detrimental to my desire for
the trailer.
> I looked up the companies web page and was astonished at their prices
!!! As the first example I saw, their mules were as much as 2.5-3 times what
would seem to be the goin price plus the vehicle markings had been
destroyed. And the description was also ridiculously in error on a couple
points. Their M38A1's had also been heavily danmaged for collector purposes
by being sandblasted, re-tired, drive train modified, and painted in
improper colors. Again the prices are somewhat over market prices as they
seem to be on about all their items.

Gale Barrows
Black Hills of South Dakota
***WETSU***