Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: Searchlights & jeeps

Re: Searchlights & jeeps

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 08 Feb 1997 10:53:08 -0800

RobRatt@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> Anybody know if the Tank searchlight was ever mounted on the M-38A1 jeep? We
> seem to inherited one of each, and would like to put the two together.
>
> Also, we need the correct U.S. Navy paint sheme for the following vehicles:
>
> 1943 GPW/MB
> 1967 Kaiser M-715
> LCM Mk. VI (we have a 1/12th scale model for a display)
> 1944 WC-51 Dodge Weapons Carrier
> 1954 M-38A1
> 1971 M-151A2
>
> We are fairly sure of the colors on most, but would like to get a second
> opinion, as there is much disagreement on the exact shades.
>
> Also, I need some leads on acquiring the fording gear for the following
> vehicles:
>
> M-715 Kaiser
> M-151 Ford
> M-54A2 5-Ton 6x6 Cargo
> M-543A2 5-Ton 6x6 Wrecker
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
> Robert Ratliff
> Deputy Director, Military Maritime Preservation Association
> Houston, Texas (USA)

Robert

Alot of the USN vehicles in WW2 were painted o.d. not navy grey. Do you
have original Navy vehicles or are you restoring them to navy? I know
of a ww2 WC-52 that was USN and was painted o.d. with white lettering.
However it did have a small brass plate on the dash with the USN
registration number on it. Hope this helps.

Tony Standefer
1944 Willys