Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: Studebaker M29C "Weasel" Wanted

Re: Studebaker M29C "Weasel" Wanted

Jason Caniglia (caniglia@saintmarys.edu)
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:39:03 -0500 (EST)

Rob,

There is a mint Studebaker M29C "Weasel" in the Studebaker Museum in
South Bend, Indiana. It is a stunning piece! I have spent several hours
checking it out. It is on loan from the owner. You might want to contact
them to find out who the owner is and then contact them to see if they
are interested in selling it. You never know and it has been well
maintained. The South Bend area might be a good area to find private
owners of the old Studebaker Weasels because many were built right here.
The folks around here have been die-hard Studebaker supporters well after
the factories closed. You never know how many are being stored in the
garages around town. I know the have a Studebaker club in South Bend. I'm
sure the Museum could direct you that way as well. The name and telephone
number is:

Studebaker National Museum
525 South Main St.
South Bend, Indiana

(219)235-9108

They also have some nice samples of the Studebaker military trucks there.
Several books on the Studebaker military vehicle contracts and how the
vehicles they created were used are on sale in the museum book store. I
hope this helps you to narrow down your search.

Jason
97 TJ Sport Wrangler Jeep