Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: M151-A2 aren't welcome in M

Re: M151-A2 aren't welcome in M

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 01:02:57 -0500

Absolutely this is about the most outrageous thing to come down the pike
yet. First of all I personally know of several M151A2 and HMMWV vehicles
which were constructed from parts and are completely legal in every way as
well as being legally titled here in Massachusetts. Further numerous of
these vehicle were and still are being sold and given to overseas buyers
who may do whatever they want with them when they are through with them.
This includes selling them to parties who bring them to the US as their
property.
The position that the US gov't has never sold these vehicles is garbage
and is put out by those who have no use for ANY mil veh collectors. I f we
stand by and allow this BS to continue what will be next?? Armor? APC's?
Trucks? It is time for the MVPA to rescind this totally ill-considered
policy now.

Glenn Shaw MVPA Member and Mil Veh Collector for 27 years.