Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: Legality of military markings on historic vehicles

Re: Legality of military markings on historic vehicles

Michael Meister (mike@agen.tamu.edu)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:52:45 -0600 (CST)

Wasn't it in Army Motors a short while ago that the question of legality
of having the Geneva Cross on a restored ambulance was raised?

Mike

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 GIjeeps@aol.com wrote:

> It has always been my impression that as long as you don't use your vehicle
> to try to get on base or obtain some other priveledge no one will give you
> any grief about your vehicle's markings. (Exept the morons who want to know
> if you got it in the crate for $55.00) If your vehicle is liscenced as an
> antique there is no way a case could stand against you in court and most cops
> will know that. Most cops have at least a passing interest in old military
> vehicles anyway and are more likely to beg a ride then write a ticket in my
> experience. Also if you have a vehicle who's type is no longer in service you
> are even less likely to have a problem. Has the Confederate Air Force been
> busted for marking their planes with AAF insignia yet?

Michael Meister "Give me an army of West Point
Class of 1997 (WHOOP!) graduates and I'll win a battle;
Department of Agricultural Engineering Give me a handful of Texas
Texas A&M University Aggies and I'll win a war."
College Station, Texas
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
http://www.agen.tamu.edu/~mike
mike@agen.tamu.edu