Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: leaking DUKWS

Re: leaking DUKWS

Hank LaBarbara (dukw@starnetinc.com)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:34:41 -0500

At 10:07 PM 2/27/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hank,
>
>I know where my DUKW leaks, one propellor shaft housing seal is
>damaged, and 2 small spots near the front spring shakles, but we
>are in no hurry to repair this, because we don't go into the water that
>much, and the amount of water that comes into the hull is not that
>disturbing. However when I had to let my DUKW float for the rest of
>the day, I would make sure it was dry.
>Nice home page!!
>
>Best Regards
>
>Auke Dijkstra

If you need any of the drive shaft tube "bellows seals" I can get
reproductions. They are more expensive than the NOS ones that you may find,
(what reproduction isn't more expensive) but the NOS ones are rubber that
was made in the 1950's and tend to be brittle.

If you need any let me know and I'll find out exact pricing. Another
concern is how to ship it.