Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: MVPA and the Federal Government

Re: MVPA and the Federal Government

Chuck Chriss (Chuck_Chriss@qx.com)
5 Mar 97 15:41:14

Dave:

Thanks for the thoughtful response to Jim. I wrote a similar response and I
hope we can converge on a common plan. I would like that to be via MVPA, but
they have to cooperate. If not, the next election for MVPA will have to deal
with this situation.

chuck

=====================================

Heh Jim,
Thanks again for your cool head and sound advice. I got'a tell you though,
it's the very paragraph you illustrated, that makes the MVPA actions so
dishonorable. There may not even be a problem, only COULD be, and MVPA
abandons a "small number of members".

I will bet this would be a dead issue within MVPA, if it weren't for all the
" negative bitches and gripes", at least not so lively an issue. Come on
Jim, you weren't born yesterday, Cleveland says they spent a great deal of
time in open discusion and meetings to come to their conclusion. They
weren't going to come up with another permanent solution later, they were
finished, next issue.

You are right also in that , now is the time for action. However, suppling
proof of ownership to the MVPA is not addressing the problem, they
abbandoned everyone in possession of the vehicles in question, without
questioning ownership.
What we need to do is investigate and act. Stay members of, or join MVPA,
and vote for individuals that will not abandon "any number" of our
membership because of fear or intimidation.

I will write the MVPA and request the name and title of the Government
official that indicated there COULD be a problem. We need to let his\her
bosses know of our collective displeasure. Additionally, I will request the
names of the MVPA board members involved in the decision as well as, how
they voted. We need to know which of them feel as Jerry Cleveland does, "let
this small number of members go and, keep-them-rolling.

I will then post all of the above information in this forum, if ti is not
deemed a "flippant" request, and they do respond. Then we can vote for, call
or visit those that support all the members.
Thank you,
David DeChambeau