Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: Destructive Devices

Re: Destructive Devices

CSG (cgryparis@qualitech1.com)
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:17:46 -0500

Regarding the status of the 37mm flare launcher, it may be a DD.
Anti-personal rounds for these devices are being manufactured & sold. This
means any projectile including bean bags, as well as 12ga adapters which
allow use of projectile type rounds.
The ATF has stated that possession of a 37mm flare launcher and
anti-personal type ammunition that will fit it renders it a Destructive
Device. The 37mm by itself remains a non-gun per ATF.
I find this amusing...I'd rather get hit with a bean bag than get hit with
a flare!

F.Y.I.

Christ Gryparis
cgryparis@qualitech1.com