Military Vehicles, March 1997,: RE: HMMWV DOT Safety Standards

RE: HMMWV DOT Safety Standards

Ben Goetter (goetter@angrygraycat.com)
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 04:06:22 -0800

Not quite, but close.

AMG passed the side rigidity tests by adding very heavy steel doors to the civvie rig.

The anti-mine kit is used for optional underbody protection: sort of the mother of all skid plates.

Ben Goetter
Hummer pilot since 1992
Seattle, WA

----------
From: LSyman@aol.com[SMTP:LSyman@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 1997 10:08 AM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: Re: HMMWV DOT Safety Standards

Since my conversation w/ the DRMO I've learned a little more. One more safety
concern DOT has is-no padded dash (big deal). Also, AM General got side
impact rigidity on the civilian Hummers by adding the anti-mine kit which is
nothing but a 1/4 inch thick steel plate bolted to the bottom of the vehicle.

Jeff Symanski
MVPA 10517
Springfield, Va