Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: Parts for a GPW and/or a GP

Re: Parts for a GPW and/or a GP

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:16:06 +0100

Gordon.W.I. McMillan wrote:

> Hi Auke, a friend has an early Jeep air cleaner he would trade, in very
> reasonable condition. It is flat and needs an elbow to join to it,
> (so the air tube has an elbow at both ends) as a non-Jeep person (apart
> from the GPA) I dont know what it is from, but I suspect a very early
> MB or similar. Any use to you? What does a GP air cleaner look like?
>
> Gordon 8-)

Hi Gordon,

The GP air cleaner is basicly like an early GMC filter (in diameter)
and is more flat. It is (like Dodge and GMC) devided in two parts,
the oil bath part (lower) and the filter part (upper), the upper
part is almost the same diameter as the early GMC filter and has a
cross pressed in it on top. The lower part has a rough triangler
shape with one round side and a tube on the other side (the tube
is for the air-hose which goes to the carburator). The air filter
sits besides the carburator , so not on top of it. I have the
mounting bracked for the air filter it is located above the generator.

Regards,

Auke