Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: M100 Trailer Paint Scheme

Re: M100 Trailer Paint Scheme

stu ellis (stu@bit-net.com)
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:46:19 -0500

shaver@imap1.asu.edu wrote:

> Rob,
> Most M100 trailers were made during the early 50's, so they would
> have been painted Semi-Gloss OD. Stars were usually painted on these
> early trailers. Usually a 6 inch star on each side behind the fender,
> and one on each end panel in the center. However, I have seen large 15
> inch stars on some trailers.
>
> On Sun, 9 Mar 1997 RKiser8375@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me what color an M100 1/4 ton trailer would have been painted
> > originally? Also I am interested in whether stars would have been painted on
> > trailer. Any pictures or descriptions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Rob Kiser
> > rkiser8375@aol.com

Hi! The pictures I have seen of marked M100 trailers shows the stars in
front of the fenders, not behind. Which is right? I also have an M100
trailer coming from American Military next week.
--
Stu- Derry, NH, USA  "Live Free Or Die"