Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: M38A1

Re: M38A1

Stu Ellis (stu@bit-net.com)
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 15:15:25 -0500

Jeep wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone know how much oil is supposed to go into the transmission and
> transfer case of an M38A1. I can't find that info in my manuals? Also, it
> appears that I am missing the plug for the transfer case on the right hand
> side that plugs the fill hole. It has a indent in it for a socket so it can
> be removed. Does Anyone know where I can purchase one of these?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Jeff Granai
Hi! Fill the transfer case to bottom edge of fill hole. put your finger
into hole to feel level. You can call "Army Jeep Parts" in Pa.
215-788-6012 and ask for George. He has most parts for M38A1 and is
quite helpfull.
--
Stu- Derry, NH, USA  "Live Free Or Die"