Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: Replacement of oil seal 42 Ford GPW

Re: Replacement of oil seal 42 Ford GPW

Underground Utilities - Tom Chism (tchism@terraworld.net)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:25:12 -0600

Another possible solution to a worn shaft is a thin stainless steel sleeve
made by Chicago Rawhide. The sleeve fits over the shaft and provides a
smooth surface for the new seal to run on. I have used these on axle
housings but I don't know about your pinion shaft.

Good luck.

Tom