Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] M38A1 Bodywork

Re: [MV] M38A1 Bodywork

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torfinn_S=F8rnes?= (tsornes@online.no)
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:07:51 +0200

>.... I am in the process of pricing portable welders. Does anyone know =
if a
>stick welder is better or a wire feed? I have limited welding =
experience and
>am not sure which one to buy.

>The very first question is, how much are you willing and/or able to =
>spend?????
>In general a MIG (wire) welder is better for thin metal.

You will probably not be able to use a stick welder on such thin metal =
as a vehicle body. Even if you use the thinest electrodes (stick) the =
current from these type of welders are so high that it will only burn =
holes in the metal.I have tried both types of welders on bodyword, and =
the only usable one was the MIG.=20

Torfinn Sornes
42 Ford GPW