Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Fwd: [MV] 2&1/2 ton trucks

Fwd: [MV] 2&1/2 ton trucks

RKiser8375@aol.com
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 00:59:59 -0400 (EDT)

Y'all are both getting hammered. He offered all three of them to me for
$1500 for all three about 5-6 weeks ago.

Rob Kiser
rkiser8375@aol.com
Lakewood, CO
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: jscott@henge.com (Scott Family)
Sender: owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com
To: TPloughe@aol.com, mil-veh@skylee.com
Date: 97-04-18 12:28:32 EDT

At 12:11 AM 4/15/97 -0400, TPloughe@aol.com wrote:
>Well I Finally got a look at those 2&1/2 ton, trucks heres what I found out.
>2 of them are M211's GMC automatic trans gas powered in fair to good
>condition both have a date on the data plate that say 3/54 The other one
>says XM211 and is in the best shape of all body wise, the date on it says
>5/53. All three have complete engines, minus the batteries. The glass is all
>missing and the seats are in sherds, two of the cabs have sheet metal tops
>and the XM211 looks like it had canvas at one time but nothing now. The
>asking price is $1,900 for all three but I only want one, is this a good
>price. The person selling them said he would not sell me just one he wanted
>to sell them all. Is $1,900 a good price
>
>===

Tony-

Looks like you faired better with the owner than I did. He told me $1500.00
each for them. I may be willing to chip in for one of those trucks....and I
may know of someone else that would want one. I thought that the XM-211,
was the best also of the three. If you are intertested. I am sorry that I
did not hget back to you last saturday, but I did call last SUnday. I know
of another truck...... I really want this one, but it looks like I will not
be able to buy for sometime and I would prefer it went to a military
home....than a commercial one.

I believe that it is a M-211....... it's one of the three from the Empire
Fire Dept Auction about a year or so ago. It runs.....has been modifed
slightly (very slightly)...the current owner wants somthing like $2500 for
it. If you want to look at it tell me and I will tell where it is.

WILL
jscott@henge.com