Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] A-10 For Sale in Vail Colorado

Re: [MV] A-10 For Sale in Vail Colorado

Buettner Family (buettner@dataex.com)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:54:27 -0500 (CDT)

At 02:58 PM 4/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Considering that the pilot was probably killed in this accident I
>find this particular advertisement to be particularly offensive. All
>of us are on this list because we have an interest in military vehicles
>just like people collect Modet-T cars etc. We have no idea as to the
>circumstances of the crash and to make fun of a service member's
>possible death is inexcusable. If it were not for the military we
>would not be sharing this list. I wonder how the pilot's family finds
>this poor attempt at humor. Desp[ite the fact that it came out in the
>Vail paper as a poor taste ad, is no excuse for repeating it on this
>listing. Have some compassion for pete's sake. Lets get back to
>discussions about vehicles.
>J. Buckley

Not to flame you, or the original poster of the advertisement, but I
need to comment on both of your posts...

First off, no one is sure if the pilot is alive or dead as a result
of the crash. If he survived the crash, the odds probably are not that good
that he survied the elements all this time. But I digress.....

Second, that add was what medical proffessionals would call "gallows
humor." It is a way of joking to releve stress from a very disturbing
accident scene. Granted if too much joking is done it is no longer
considered "gallows humor," but it is a sign that the person joking is in
need of some severe counsiling.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Robert Buettner

Reenacting WWII in the 30th I.D. 119th I.R.
Reenacting WW II as an infantry man
in the 30th ID, 119th Reg.
The Buettner Family buettner@dataex.com