Military Vehicles, April 1997,: Re: [MV] Armored Personnel Carriers in Texas

Re: [MV] Armored Personnel Carriers in Texas

FIREBASEZ@aol.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:02:08 -0400 (EDT)

>According to AP reports, "Two armored personnel carriers rolled into place
>Tuesday in Texas..." I was wondering if anyone knows what type of APC's
they
>are using and where they got them? I seem to recall that they used a Humber
>Pig in L.A., and someone went and bought all of the Humber Pig's from
Budge's
>in England. Just curious to know what they are using in Texas and where
they
>got them.
>
>Rob Kiser
>rkiser8375@aol.com

Rob,
LAPD has two V150 Commando's and some Peacekeepers. Several other departments
around the country also have surplus Peacekeepers. A PD in the Bay Area
(near San Francisco) has a Saracen. Two southern california departments (1
PD, 1 sheriff) have Humber Pigs. The APC's being sent to Davis Mtn, Texas
look like M113's or M114's from the national guard. They showed them on CNN.
Also sent a large contingent of Hummers, fuel trucks, and ?. I wonder how
they got around the posse commitatus staute without having a drug connection
to the case. Must be part of the new anti-terrorist act.
Byron
S. Calif., USA