Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Mule parts needed

Re: [MV] Mule parts needed

John Emery (jemery@execpc.com)
Sun, 4 May 1997 12:02:40 -0500

>Thanks. I just purchased this Mule and the air filter cannister had
>pack rats living in it and the oil was quite cruddy.

How did they get in there??? Given that fact you had better check not just
the air cleaner but the left (drivers) side frame tube(s) for crud also.
Since the air enters through a screened cap (for lack of a more technical
description) right by your feet and goes thru the frame tubes back to the
air cleaner, maybe that (the cap) is defective or missing. Leonard Grove
has new air filter elements at reasonable cost.

>Do you have any
>ideas on what would be a good motor flush? I've used this stuff called
>"Motor Flush" ? in my civvy veh. with no problems.

Why not! I would assume that anything that would be acceptable for a VW (as
in air cooled) engine would be ok for a mule engine.

BTW: An easy way to check oil pressure is to connect a gage into the pipe
thread plug in the bottom side of the oil filter housing.

je