Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] WC frame

Re: [MV] WC frame

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Mon, 05 May 1997 21:01:19 +0200

Judd Bietz wrote:

> Thanx to some helpfull folks I was able to find the chassis # on the
> frame, it is as follows 81503953. I belive it to be WC but am not
> sure.
> Can anybody out there help with the identification of this frame?
> The body is also mil but does not belong to this truck.
> Is there anyway to find out what kind of body was on this frame by
> the #s given?
> TIA
> Judd
>
> ===

Hi Judd, according to the Dodge book by Becker and Dentzer, your frame
belongs to a T-215 engined 1/2 ton Dodge. The T-215 series started with
the WC-21 open-cab pick-up and ended with the WC-27 ambulance.
The book doesn't say what chassis number belongs to what type, every
T-215 from WC-21 to WC-47 could start with 81500001!!.
I hope someone else knows a little more on this.

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra
Haaksbergen-The Netherlands