Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] '34 Indiana Scout Car (T7) photos

Re: [MV] '34 Indiana Scout Car (T7) photos

Nelson & Jane Dionne (aa1mo@tiac.net)
Tue, 6 May 1997 08:31:50 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:59 PM 5/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>A friend of mine is in the process of restoring a '34 Indiana Scout Car. It
>is also known as a T7, I believe. He indicated that it is a very early
>armored scout car. One of the first 4 wheel-drive armored scout cars built
>from the ground-up with parts available off-the-shelf. It was built by White
>Trucks (which reportedly took over Indiana Truck Co.?) Probably only 100-200
>made. If anyone has any information (parts, pictures, etc), I will pass the
>information on to him as he doesn't have a computer or e-mail address.
>
>Thanks in advance for the help,
>
>Rob Kiser
>rkiser8375@aol.com
> < ' ) ) ) >><
> < ' ) ) ) >><
> < ' ) ) ) >><
> < ' ) ) ) >>< < ' ) ) ) >><
>

>===
>
>I have several photos of early scout cars in my postcard collection,
including a nice clear crisp shot of reg # w-60249 at Camp McCoy in Sparta,
WI. I getting set to copy a batch of cards to send out to a couple of
authors; if he can use the views, let me know and I'll include them in the
batch. I recall seeing a bit of info about these early scout cars (Fred
Crismon's book ??) and the production numbers were fairly tiny (a few dozen?).
The vehicles look like they used a lot of standard truck parts with
flat armour. If he needs headlights, contact Don Axelrod, 35 Timson St,
Lynn, MA 01902; (SASE Please) , he's been selling antique car and truck
headlights and parts for about 30 years and may have what's needed.

Nelson Dionne
Salem, MA
MVCC #411

P.S. A membership in the Antique Truck Historical Society would be
especially helpfull as their members would more likely have the necessary
civvy parts used in this MV.