Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Mule parts needed

Re: [MV] Mule parts needed

John Emery (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 8 May 1997 23:03:44 -0500

>I, myself, would be leary about having the pressure gauge that far from
>the engine. I would think there would be a discrepency in pressure
>readings due to the length of the tubing.

Actually not a problem. Increased tube length will only show up as a lag in
pressure response on the gage. This is only a problem if you are trying to
watch pressure changes as engine is rev'd up, etc. In a steady state
situation such as at idle or driving along the gage will show proper pressure.

>Plan on removing the cooling shroud from around the engine to see
>exactly where some leaks are coming from. But, then again, maybe I
>should wait and get some manuals.

Removing anything more than the 'removable' top piece and your asking for a
can of worms you may not be prepared for. Be VERY carfull with any of the
small bolts and/or studs & nuts especially in the heads. They sieze in the
aluminum and will twist off with little effort or warning.

je