Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Roll Call

Re: [MV] Roll Call

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Wed, 14 May 1997 18:56:08 +1200

In message <19970513.170256.11294.2.mitymite@juno.com>, "Lida L.
Bensinger" <mitymite@juno.com> writes
>Yeah, I'll second Colin's discussion on MV rallies. Once you go over the
>pond you are spoiled forever! I couldn't believe Southsea '94 or Caen for
>more vehicles than I've ever seen. And I haven't yet seen Beltring!
>
>Daryl
>D&L Bensinger mitymite@juno.com
>2442 Main St.
>Narvon, PA 17555
>phone and fax (610) 286-9545
>http://www.sphynx.com/mitymite/

Hi Daryl,

I had some laughs with a group of lads from PA in Normandy 1989. We
exchanged Xmas cards for a few years (whilst I lived in the UK). They
were from St Thomas and Chambersburg. I think there were two brothers
from St Thomas Garage, St Thomas. PA. The last time I saw them was when
we had some drinks in the ex-servicemens centre at Omaha-Beach.
I seem to remember one of them was restoring a T16. I took one with me
to Normandy (along with 5 other vehicles in 89). I threw a track on the
road from Bayeaux down to Arromanches.

regards

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz