Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] Mule Questions

Re: [MV] Mule Questions

John Emery (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 22 May 1997 22:42:54 -0500

>I'm looking for a mule with four-wheel steering for use on mountain
>roads. I have an A5 mule which does well but is limited by its turning
>radius.
>
>I would appreciate any info regarding the pro's and con's of the A2, A3
>& A4 mules for this type of use. Which do you think is the best? I
>have looked at the web pages discussing mules.

Why not convert your A5 to fws???? I did. It's a bolt on kind of thing
except for drilling and tapping 4 holes in the existing bosses on the side
of the tranny. I got the complete kit, all new parts, from Grove for $400
something.
With good condition mules running 3, 4, even 5 thousand, it's a bargain!

je