Military Vehicles, May 1997,: [MV] Goats

[MV] Goats

DooMDeaD (doomdead@plazma.net)
Thu, 29 May 1997 10:39:27 -0700

>To: mitymite@juno.com (Lida L. Bensinger)
>From: DooMDeaD <doomdead@plazma.net>
>Subject: Re: [MV] Gamma goat
>
>At 08:44 AM 5/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Most goats released were demilled. If you have intact body, (you can no
>>longer get the body) even if you think $1500 is high, it's a good find.
>>Your best/cheapest way to complete would be to find someone who's
>>demillnig one now and get all the parts at once.

"intact" is relative... this was the softtop only version and all the top
stuff is gone but the body is in one peice. what do they torch off when
they demil these?

I thought it was a good find if only because I had never even considered a
mil veh before, (it got the juices flowing :) and the only one i had ever
noticed was a red humvee on tv... (i don't watch much) we were actually
looking for suspension parts for a stretched fiat x 1/9 that i just
finished (it's got a 500 gallon hot tub in it) ... it was uncanny really, i
was about 50 yards away, in a very crowded wrecking yard when i saw the
right front hub/axle assembly and could tell it would be perfect for what i
wanted... (it was all i could see from where i was) so i wandered over and
started looking it over... after about 10 miutes i realized that in my mind
it had shifted from "drivetrain parts" to "neat new 4x4 with extra wheels
and i really oughtta paint it black and the guys are gonna love this and
will super swamper tsl 44" x 18" tires fit, where am i going to get rims
and can i run over a car with this and wow it's actually 6 wheel drive and
it's even a convertible and wait a sec why would this need that big of a
drain plug and what exactly does that plaque on the dash mean by
"swim"!!!?? and so on...

next stop the state patrol office.
they said that licensing it would be no problem.
I've since heard differently from 2 seperate people on this list, so i
think the goat may be outof the game (I have a few more things to check
out) alternativley I'm thinking about building a custom tube frame, using
the running gear, and getting it licenced as a homebuilt or something.

does anyone know the licensing issues in other states concerning these
rigs? and if it's licenced in another state can i drive it here and play
dumb or? (i have relatives in illinois, oregon, kansas and idaho)
-dd

DooMDeaD Shadows inc. \ Terminal Bliss \ Plazma.net
The board: @the.plazma.net The pages: http://www.plazma.net
To SUBSCRIBE to The "Terminal-Bliss" List, send E-Mail to:
terminal-bliss-request@plazma.net with the word JOIN in the BODY
< Connecting the world.... and beyond....... >

"Spam me and I _will_ kill your mailserver. Bet on it."