Military Vehicles, June 1997,: RE: [MV] Re: State Farm Insurance?

RE: [MV] Re: State Farm Insurance?

Rich Sherman (rich.sherman@t-works.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 13:07:26 -0700

All my vehicles are insured as they actually are i.e. M35 is a military =
2.5 ton truck, not a civilian dump truck or something. For these =
'collector' vehicles they require:

- A picture of the vehicle
- Statement of actual value
- That I belong to an appropriate club or organization relative to the =
vehicle
- The vehicles are not my primary transportation (daily for work)

I actually get an 'antique' rate on one vehicle only (a fire truck), the =
rest are a higher premium, for the WC51 I pay about $325 per year.

I did have a claim with the M35. I live on a long private road shared by =
several families. One time a person (the kids are getting driving =
licenses) came flying down the hill and tried to squeeze past me and =
rubbed against my rear wheels & tires scrapping up the side of their car =
pretty good. State Farm handled the whole thing, they said it was =
probably not my fault since I was stopped and had yielded the right of =
way. They did not raise my rates at all, and kept my 'good driver' =
discount.=20

I have been with State Farm for years, the above incident has been my =
only claim, and my agent is very happy whenever I call or go to his =
office, usually with another vehicle. They even insured a 1930 Ford AA =
truck I used to have.

Hope this helps.

Rich=20
rich.sherman@t-works.com