Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] CHAMP ENGINE PAINT

Re: [MV] CHAMP ENGINE PAINT

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:09:00 +1200

In message <03482920309996@onaustralia.com.au>, Rod Diery
<rod@rocketship.com> writes

>I finally have the engine out of my Champ and almost ready for painting.
>All the good books refer to the colour of the engine as being "Ground
>Equipment Blue".
>
>Just wondering if you were able to get a match on this colour or did you
>just use something that was close. I have tried to get Ground Equipment
>Blue from several paint suppliers here but they just laugh at me when I
>tell them that it is a colour used mainly by the British military about 40
>years ago.
>
>Hope you can help.
>
>Cheers
>
>Rod Diery
>rod@rocketship.com
>Kulin
>Western Australia

Hi Rod,

'Ground Equipment Blue', is actualy a pale green. The same colour as
used on WW2 Bedford's right through the 40's 50's and 60's, all the 'B'
series vehicles....Ferret's, Saracen's etc etc (only the engine colour
of course). So it's pretty easy to find something to match the clour
with.

regards

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz