Military Vehicles, June 1997,: [Fwd: [MV] Wheel modifications]

[Fwd: [MV] Wheel modifications]

David C. Decker (campdeck@infomagic.com)
Sat, 07 Jun 1997 12:55:55 -0700

--------------7490294A6DC7

Hi DP, congrats on having a M715, one of the best MV trucks around. My
question would be: Why change the split rims? If you want to throw
money away, throw some this way. IMHO it would be a waste of money to not
only ruin a good set of stock rims, but having to have a QUALIFIED welder
fabricate new centers. Yes, it has been done, but usually because the
owner got a good deal on bigger tires that needed the mod. I have 9.00
Power King tires mounted on my stock rims and they work just fine. The
trick to changing split rims is to be SAFE, and get the right breakdown
tools and instuction from someone who has done it many times. If you
carry a spare tube and a source of compressed air, it is easy to repair
a flat in the boonies.
Save your hard earned bucks for things the 715 does need, drop me a note
if I can be of further help. Have you checked out the 715 page?
Dave in Flagstaff
M715
M274

--------------7490294A6DC7