Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Radio help

Re: [MV] Radio help

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 16:46:22 -0400

Hi, Robb
You have a lot of good info but I wanted to set the record straight for you
re. PRC77 radios. RT 524 mobile radios when complete with all mounts and
cables etc are called VRC12 installations. PRC77 radios which are manpack
units when attached to the mobile mount/amp/power supply unit are then a
GRC160.

Regards Glenn Shaw
M38A1 Massachusetts USA

----------
> From: RobRatt@aol.com
> To: jimrice@iamerica.net; mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: Re: [MV] Radio help
> Date: Sunday, June 22, 1997 13:26 PM
>
> I''m getting pretty good at eating crow.
>
> However, in my defense, the sergeant who taught me radios and electronics
> told me the RT-524 was the vehicle version (and/or a component thereof)
of
> the PRC-25/77 series.
>
> The complete vehicle version of the PRC-25/77 series is know as the
VRC-12