Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] M100 trailer spring

RE: [MV] M100 trailer spring

DooMDeaD (doomdead@plazma.net)
Mon, 07 Jul 1997 12:11:09 -0700

At 09:06 AM 7/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Tony,
>
>A good spring shop can make you a replacement, and
>it won't even cost much. I'd check around locally, there's
>sure to be one in the Seattle area.
>
>I recently had some new springs made for a '49 Diamond
>T. There were several broken leaves in the pack. I never
>would have found original replacements anywhere but
>the spring shop bent up new springs faster than I could
>look through a junkyard.
>
>-Steve Dunlop
>Minneapolis, MN

Additionally, I would want a magnaflux job done on a set of yard springs
first, to make sure they don't have any hidden stress cracks, etc .... and
finding a pair that aren't hammered, don't sag, don't have stress cracking
at the ends, etc. for your pride and joy seems to be a pretty daunting
proposition. Most spring shops, if you explain the "authenticity" aspect
can whip a set up that not only will hold up alot better than the
originals, but will be so close that the guy who made the originals will
have a very hard time telling the difference... it's one of those things
that cutting corners on is asking for it... like brakes :)

-kevin schooler

Shadows inc. \ Terminal Bliss \ Plazma.net
The board: @the.plazma.net The pages: http://www.plazma.net/
DooMDeaD@Plazma.net ICQ 1571931
Terminal-bliss list commands @ http://www.plazma.net/terminal-bliss/