Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] 1944 Ford Gen Set

Re: [MV] 1944 Ford Gen Set

CHAZ (chaz.mackenzie@virgin.net)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:58:57 +0100

Rick Green wrote:

> I was wandering if a 1944 Gen. set I found is worth 500 that the man
> wants for it. It has a Ford GPW engine and is in great shape. All the
> covers are there and it runs nice. Secondly what is the wattage on this
> one, and any other info would be great. It is mounted on a civ trailer,
> but still has the original skid under it.
> Thanks.
> jason
>
> ===

Hi Jason , I assume this is a PE-95-A or similar .I paid £1000 for PE-95-G a few years
ago which I thought a bit expensive but the engine in my MB cost at least £600 in parts
+ my time and machine work so a good origional engine at standard sizes with no
corrosion/cracks etc has to be worth that .The problem I have is that now I have a
generator that I like for it's own sake and could'nt bear to break up.
As to output PE-95-(1) 44.5 AMP 112.5 VOLTS 60 CYCLES
PE-95-F 41.6 AMP 120 VOLTS 60 CYCLES
PE-95-G+H 85.4 AMP 117 VOLTS 59 CYCLES
ETC
The output voltage can be changed from 120 to 240 by moving two links this obviously
reduces the amps . Portrayal Press do a reprint of the manual + change one .

CHAZ 42 MB + ASSORTED OTHER BITS AND BOBS