Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] After Market Bodies for MBs

RE: [MV] After Market Bodies for MBs

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 15:05:55 -0400

>True, you can make many parts for bodies. I often do this myself. But,
>why do you think a new, home-made panel makes the vehicle more original
>than a repro panel made my someone else. Both are new metal, thus -
>reproduced.

That isn't the point. The point is whether or not the panel looks like the original.
Home-made panels can be made to look like the original. Home-made panels
can also look worse than repro panels! Repro doesn't necessarily mean the
same as the original, (End up having to modify most of them.), although there
is no reason they cannot be made to look like the original. (You have to be
very careful when buying panels or bodies.) I have seen a few people who
have tossed MB, CJ-2A bodies because the floors are rotted out. Rest of
the body is fine and solid. (I'm glad to find those people and haul away the
"junk" body.....)

Todd Paisley