Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Battery Question

Re: [MV] Battery Question

SBJohnston@aol.com
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 11:03:18 -0400 (EDT)

gloryhunter@rapidnet.com (Mark R.) wrote:

> The previous owner had a deep cycle battery and a
> regular battery in place

It can cause problems if series batteries are different. When you draw heavy
current thru the batts, one is stressed more than the other -- since the
internal resistance of each battery is different. I'd recommend matching
types when building a series battery system.

I suppose it would be best to get exactly the same batteries of exactly the
same age -- but that's a bit crazy. I'd only match the same types -- if it
is engine cranking you're doing, get automotive/truck types, if you are
running electric motors or radios of other long drain items, use deep-cycle.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com