Military-Vehicles: [MV] Beltring was great!

[MV] Beltring was great!

A. Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Tue, 22 Jul 97 12:25 MET DST

Morten K. Agerup Myhr schrieb:
> Pls guys; most of us had to stay home or go somewhere else last
> weekend. Anyone gotten back yet, that can give us a small report?

Dear Morten,

Beltring war great. I just came back home to Brunswick, Germany.
On the way back via Channel Tunnel we visited "La Coupole" at
St. Omer in France (near Calais). This is a brand new exhibition
relating the V2 rocket. It is located in a giantic concrete bunker,
built to launch V2 rockts against London. Very interesting.

The event at Beltring was great. Around 2000 milvehs. Most of them
US or English, but also some German stuff. So you could see a
Panzer III, at Hetzer and a Sturmgeschuetz driving (yes, driving,
not only static!)there (the Sturmgeschuetz only on Friday, they got
trouble with the cylinder head gasket).

For me as a Kettenkrad collector it was a little disappointing.
Only one Kettenkrad there. There was another one listed in the
programme, but I didn't find it. The event was so big, that it
was nearly impossible to find a special vehicle, if you didn't
know where it is parked.

The autojumble (swap meet) was great, too. If you own an US or
English vehicle, you could get everything you want. For German
vehicles there was (nearly) nothing for sale. But there were a
lot of demilled machine guns for sale. If you offer such guns in
Germany, you'll go to prison for some years (even if they don't
work!)

The weather was fine, on Friday a little rain, but that kept the
dust down. Saturday and sunday sunshine (and dust...)

I hope I can go there next year again, may be with the Kettenkrad.

Regards from Germany
Andreas Mehlhorn