Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] There are "Jeeps" in crates!

Re: [MV] There are "Jeeps" in crates!

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 00:36:38 -0400

> Hello list,
>
> Was reading in someones note that there are no Jeeps left in crates.
> That may be untrue.
>
> About a year and a half ago when I was looking for a Jeep I called
Saraffan.
> I asked about buying a Jeep. I was talking to Saraffan himself. He stated
> that the only Jeeps that he had at the time were two 1945 (if I remember
> correctly)
> Jeeps that were pickled in cosmoline and in crates. Never used. He
offered
> to sell these Jeeps to me for $12,000 apiece not a penny less.
>
> I do not know if he was pulling my leg or not at the time. He sounded
serious
> and I wish I had had the money at the time. He may still have them so if
you
> have $12,000 to spare and want to be the only one on the block, or the
list;
> with a Jeep in a crate give him a call. If you do get one of these Jeeps
> my finders fee is a ride in the Jeep if I ever meet whoever gets one.
>
> Good luck
>
> Jeff Granai
> 54 M38A1

Sure they're not MAs? Anyway, if anyone buys one of these and doesn't want
to be bothered cleaning the cosmoline off the body, I'd be happy to trade
for a repro body.

Regards,

Jeff