Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] NEW JEEP

Re: [MV] NEW JEEP

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:24:21 -0500

At 09:26 PM 7/23/97 -0700, you wrote:
>hey folks! i just bought an original '42 willys jeep in great
>condition.it looks like it just
>rolled out of the crate! i want to modernize it a bit so i'm going to
>add an airscoop from
>a camaro on the hood and put some fat mag wheels on the back. i painted
>flames on the
>fenders to make it look faster. but i'm having trouble welding the
>cadillac fins to the rear.
>can anyone help?
>
>Hey, Shaun!

If you're expecting to stir something up, you probably will. Personally, I
say, GO FOR IT: it's your jeep.

BUT. Consider: find someone on the list who wants that original jeep.
Sell it to him for enough to buy and REALLY customize that $500 CJ you saw
in the local trading paper with enough left over to take the family to the
local amusement park in it. You'll be happier (because of the extra $$$),
the original jeep's new owner will be happy (he thought he'd NEVER find
one), and those of us who care about what happens to history will be happy,
too. Win-win-win situation.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: considered from all the angles, it's probably
cheaper to slice & dice pre-existing salds than toss a new one. Hell, you
may even MAKE $$$ on it.

BTW, I realize you weren't serious, but I know a body wizard who could
probably not only get the fins on for you but also french the quad-headlight
set-up into the grill so that nobody will know it wasn't factory.

Steve Allen, Rolla, MO, USA