Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Beltring '97

RE: [MV] Beltring '97

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 18:30:45 -0400

>The Jeep engine you mentioned did really look like an original engine in
>crate, was it original or not?? I looked a bid too "new" to me.

Jeff has an original MB engine in the crate. Absolutely fascinating! Still
has its original carb in cosmoline. The engine comes with the bellhousing
and clutch assembly. (An extra clutch disk and pressure plate were
provided.) It had a red tag on it saying it was tested in December 1944.
Great reference for determining what is correct on a late MB engine.
Hopefully he can take pictures of it and put in on a web site for all to
see. These engines are around.

Todd Paisley