Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

Re: [MV] Dual master cylinder conversion for M37 ???

Pat Patterson (a1b01362@ultranet.ca)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 01:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

Alan wrote:

>What we DO seem to agree on completely is that we both perceive a
significant safety
>benefit from having a dual master cylinder. This brings us back to the
original intent of
>the first posting...to get feedback about the potential value, problems,
technical
>considerations, etc., of converting an M37 to a dual master cylinder system.
>
>I'd still like to get some feedback regarding the actual "nuts and bolts"
of the
>conversion itself.
>
>Thanks for your comments.
>
>Regards,
>
>Alan.

After all the discution about repro. bodies I hesatate to bring this up but.
how well do the brakes on an m38 work? I intend to use it to tour BC's
interior so steep grades ant tight corners are the norm.
The thought of single cyl. manual brakes is a little unnerving. I'm
confident that I could do the system in such a way that it could be put back
to original in a weekend ( I'm alread amasing a list of parts that will have
to be bolted on once a year for pictures, to qualify for colector plates)
and as long as its made by the same manufacture (ford in my case) and
painted green. The general public would not know the differance. And with a
nod to the purists. My sign bord for any events that I get to take it
towill have a section that planely lists any modifications made for
driveability and/or safty reasons. Cause lets face it rush hour trafic and
baby seats were not on Ford's list of concerns when they built my jeep for
the Canadian troops.

with that in mind I donot agree with making any changes that cant be fixed
with the corect part and basic hand tools or paint . If it takes a welder or
drill ? find a different way. just my $.02 tho.

Pat Patterson
'52 M38 CDN "Box 'o' Jeep"
'78 F150
'79 Bronco