Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Solid Rim Jeep Wheels

Re: [MV] Solid Rim Jeep Wheels

Ron Fitzpatrick (rfitzpatrick@telis.org)
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:40:18 -0700

Jim Rice wrote:

> Hey list,
>
> A friend of mine has a 42 GPW with solid rims while waiting the
> restoration of his combat rims which are in pretty bad shape. I've
> checked the solid rims against the ones on my M38 which has slots/holes.
> Aren't the solid rims from an MA or early MB?
>
> Now, the big issue. What is the value compared to combat rims? He and
> I are looking to trade out for or towards a couple of sets of combat
> rims.
>
> Jim
>
> ===

Jim,
Here in northern calif, at the last Big Bear the solid rims sold for
$125.oo ( the last day) and a good combat rims will sell for $45.oo
-$50.oo. you are correct MA early MB and Bantam.

Ron