Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M38 loses power, stalls

Re: [MV] M38 loses power, stalls

SBJohnston@aol.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:40:10 -0400 (EDT)

Je wrote:

>I have had several situations where every expert around was
>convinced I had a carb problem. It turned out to be the
>ignition coil. As they get used they warm up and any internal
>shorting seems to get worse.

The points, condenser, coil, rotor "look" good, as though they've recently
been replaced. But the coil could be bad right out of the box. I don't see
any way to test this other than to swap coils. As I don't have one now,
it'll have to wait till I get one mailorder. I think I'll order points,
condenser, coil, rotor, etc. so I have them to swap.

Thank you for the good suggestion!

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com