Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M38 loses power, stalls

Re: [MV] M38 loses power, stalls

paul vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Sat, 02 Aug 1997 00:52:24 -0700

SBJohnston@aol.com wrote:

> I nursed it back home and decided to risk the "Alan Bowes patented
> burn-your-place-down test" -- I checked the fuel pump by pulling the outlet
> side loose and watching the squirt action while cranking the engine.
> Interestingly, it took about a minute of cranking before I saw any fuel (of
> course, it had just been exhibiting the symptoms) then when fuel finally
> arrived, the pulses of fuel were few and sometimes far between. There were a
> couple good blasts that shot out 3 feet, but for the most part, it was
> miserable. It was really sad to see it go 10 or 15 seconds without a squirt
> at all.
>
> I think I've found my problem.

Steve

Watch out if your gonna jump at the fuel pump! It might well be that,
but also check for leaks in the fuel fump inlet line, especially the
flex hose. If it sucks any air it will do exactly what your seeing.

Paul Vandervort

41 GP 53 M211 (2)
42 WLA 63 M38A1
42 GPW 67 M715