Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M38A1 NOS rubber brake lines

Re: [MV] M38A1 NOS rubber brake lines

A. Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Sat, 2 Aug 97 23:35 MET DST

Paul Johnson schrieb:

>Also would it be smart to put on NOS rubber brake lines
> or would they be dried out, if not so can someone tell me where I could get
> them.
> Mark Johnson

Dear Mark,

no, it is not smart to use NOS rubber brake lines. The rubber brake
lines which are for sale for modern cars are maximum 4 years old.
The production date is stamped on the rubber. If they become older
and are still not sold and fitted, they have to go back to the
factory.

I thinks there is no risk to use a 10 year old rubber brake line,
but if they are 30 or 40 years old, keep your hands off. The risk
is too high, especially in a one circuit brake system.

Regards from Braunschweig (Brunswick), Germany
Andreas Mehlhorn