Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] re: collector insurance

Re: [MV] re: collector insurance

Rick Green (rgreen@mail.datasys.net)
Fri, 08 Aug 1997 23:16:35 -0400

Dale Lauborough wrote:

> Noticed several info's on insurance. I just insured my 43 GPW with
> American Modern Insurance, it's a General Motors sub Co. I got full
> coverage, no deductable, the whole shooting match for $100. bucks a year.
> it has restrictions, on mine it's limited to 3,000 miles yearly, has to be
> garaged, only for shows, parades, club functions, and "occassional"
> pleasure drives. No driving to work or running errands. I'm in Nevada, and
> don't know if it covers all states, but it cheaper than just liability for
> me. The agent is Sherry McCarthy, St. Louis, Mo.
> 1-800-847-7488, fax 314-298-7539. Hope this helps someone, insurance is
> getting to be a real drag for old vehicles. jeepman@sierra.net
>
> ===
Just got my 1960 M-151 insured with no hassels from State Farm. I have
full coverage for 300 a year with 500 dec. This has no limits. Is it a
good price or can I do better with someone else. Told them it was a
Ford 1/4 ton utility truck m-151. Copied it right off the data plate.
They have never heard of such a beast.
jason