Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Jeep Poster

RE: [MV] Jeep Poster

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:31:20 -0400

Hmmm. I doubt the 25 number is right! I have 6 slat grille bodies myself! (3
whole slat grilles...) If you go through the MVPA D-5 Membership directory,
there are ~93 slat grilles listed. Probably could come up with another 20
I have seen over the years that are not listed in the directory.

Todd.

----------
From: Michael Meister
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 1997 6:52 PM
To: Jim Allen
Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: Re: [MV] Jeep Poster

Ahhh, but you get to see a really nice CJ2 AgriJeep and the *only* CJ4.
Interesting aside: the author quotes experts as saying that fewer than
25 Slat-Grilles exist today. Hmmmm....

regards,

Mike

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Jim Allen wrote:

> To All MV Folks-
>
> The current newstand Four Wheeler issue (Sept '97) has a jeep
> history poster some of you may enjoy. It's included as a spiff for newstand
> sales. It includes both military and civvy quarter-tons. A few variants are
> missing, though these were left out for space considerations. Enjoy!
>
> Jim Allen
>

> ===

Michael Meister "Give me an army of West Point
Class of 1997 (WHOOP!) graduates and I'll win a battle;
Department of Agricultural Engineering Give me a handful of Texas
Texas A&M University Aggies and I'll win a war."
College Station, Texas
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
http://www.agen.tamu.edu/~mike
mike@agen.tamu.edu