Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Jeep Poster

RE: [MV] Jeep Poster

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 20:56:39 -0400

No. No. No. You asked me if 25 was correct and I said it probably
was closer to 250. In fact I sent you a copy of the serial numbers of
the ones I know about and it was 93! (It probably is in the archives
for mil-veh or classic-jeep, since I sent a copy there too about 6-8
months ago.)

Anyways, I bought a copy of Four Wheel Drive and it was an excellent
poster. Good job!

Todd.

----------
From: Jim Allen
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 1997 12:25 PM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Jeep Poster

To All MV Folks - Jeep folks in particular -

I can't take it any more! I confess - I was wrong about the slat
grilles! Actually, I used the estimate given by someone you know, Todd, but
we won't throw him under the bus. I'm the one who published an
"off-the-cuff" estimate. I know better now. You guys are getting me
trained! Finally!
I wrote that caption about a year ago and since then, I've seen or
heard of way more than 25 slat grilles.
I recently finished a Classic 4x4 poster (back to 1902) for Four
Wheeler that might be of interest. It will be in a newstand issue but I'm
not sure when. Could be as early as October.
Thanks for setting me straight!

Jim Allen