Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] steering box

Re: [MV] steering box

cliff dahl (wrcc@rapidcity.com)
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 21:02:25 -0600

Dale:
I don't know about the box and column for the GPW, but the column is
different between an M38A1 and a CJ. While doing a frame-up restoration on
my M38A1 this last month I was looking at the two very closely and
discovered that the column on a CJ-5 was about 1 1/2 inches longer than on
the M38A1. Also, the steering wheel mounts on to the column differently
between the two models. It appeared that the box was the same between the
civilian and the military models.
Cliff Dahl
wrcc@rapidcity.com
M2A1